Pages

The Implanon (Contraceptive Implant).

According to many women, the implanon isn't a good form of contraception. I've heard complaints about women gaining extreme weight while on it, but the most popular/ common reason for disliking the implanon are the irregular periods that it causes. Some woman have found that their periods stopped fully whilst on the implanon which can be quite worrying and on the other hand some women have found that they've bled practically everyday since having the implanon fitted.

I personally feel that the implanon has been a good form of contraception for me because although my periods are nonexistent, I prefer it that way because I don't have to worry about irregular and spontaneous bleeding. I chose to get the implanon fitted because it's a long lasting form of contraception and because once taken out, your cycle apparently goes back to normal straight away.

I do realise that everyone is different, so although I have heard that I will have a normal period soon after implanon removal, I have also heard stories about women's cycles being all over the place for up to a year. Nonetheless, I haven't personally experienced any side effects of the implanon and I am content with it. As a word of advice, I would get the implanon taken out a couple of months before (trying to conceive) TTC because every woman is different and although some women's cycles will regulate itself immediately, others might take longer.

btemplates

0 comments:

Post a Comment